About Explorer Post #900
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Explorer Program, Explorer Post #900, offers young people the opportunity to experience firsthand the challenges and rewards of public safety careers.
From Patrol and Corrections to Investigations, Forensics, Training, and more, Post #900 Explorers are immersed in several facets of our agency’s operations and has earned national championships in several Law Enforcement Exploring categories.
Explorers interact with deputy sheriffs who serve as mentors and instructors, some of whom were once Explorers themselves.
The Law Enforcement Explorer Program is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America and is free for students. To become a Post #900 Explorer, applicants must be:
• Between ages 14 and 21 years old
• Enrolled in high school, home school, or a local college
• A good student with regular attendance and a minimum 2.0 or “C” grade point average
• Of good moral character with no felony convictions
- We will request references and conduct a background check.
• Able to perform physical activities and arrange transportation to meetings and training sessions
- Shuttle service may be available.
- Meetings are Tuesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at:
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778
Please review our Post #900 Bylaws.
Download an Explorer Application.
Email Lead Post Advisor Deputy Butterfield or call 727-464-7038 with additional questions.